- High-capacity belt baler for dry crops
- EasyFlow pick-up without cam track has few moving parts
- Integral feed rotor and integral rotor cutter ensure maximum throughputs
- XC cutting system for exact and smooth cuts
- Effective bale start and roll ensures perfect bales
- Exceptionally high densities
- Optional chute for convenient net roll changes
- Auto chain oiler and grease banks reduce time spent servicing
The pick-up EasyFlow
- A clean rake – 2.15 m pick-up for thorough and consistent rakes without losses
- Safe – 6 mm thick double tines with large diameter coils
- Durable and hard-wearing – few moving parts reduce wear to a minimum
The wide EasyFlow pick-up makes sure no haulm is left on the ground even in difficult conditions and when working at high speeds. Thanks to its clutter-free build that relies on only very few moving parts, the unit stands out for minimum wear and maximum longevity.
The integral rotor
- Versatile and flexible – choice of an integral feed rotor or an integral rotor cutter with 17 blades
- Powerful – the 530 mm rotor ensures massive throughputs
- Consistent flow – the rotor with integrated feed roller provides a uniform crop flow
- Precision cut – the best quality thanks to the rotor for controlled cuts
- Making things easy – the floor beneath the cut-and-feed assembly drops hydraulically for convenient removal of blockages
The integral rotor is available with or without a cutting system. Rugged by design, the unit performs dependably and reliability in challenging conditions. The integral rotor has feed augers integrated at its ends, a design that leads to a significant reduction of the number of moving parts. Fewer moving parts translate into better cleaning, less service and maintenance and a longer lifespan.
The cutting system
- The VariPack cutting system has 17 blades
- The blade group control operates 0/8/9/17 blades
- Each blade is individually protected for a consistently high cutting Quality
VariPack 165 XC and 190 XC have a 17-blade cutting system that can be selected in groups of 0 / 8 / 9 / 17 blades to cut lengths of 128 mm or 64 mm for best results in all conditions.
The bale chamber
- Effective – four smooth belts form dry crops into high-density bales
- Fast – baling at a circumferential speed of 110 m/min
- Convenient – the baling pressure and the soft core are set on the terminal
The VariPack chamber is made up of four endless belts that feature a smooth surface. This design makes VariPack the specialist baler for dry material such as straw and hay. The soft core kit allows you to produce bales for specific applications.
- Versatile and flexible – applying net and twine
- Straightforward – the net threads easily through the rigid net feeder
- Great visibility – the operator watches the process on the move
- Easy use – net/film feed starts automatically when the chamber is filled
The VariPack twine / net film wrapping system is simple, very reliable and easy to operate. The optional net chute helps handling the heavy net roll. It folds out and down to accommodate the roll and slides it into the cradle. The rigid net feeder makes for an easy net feed into the chamber. Spare net and twine rolls are stored on the machine to keep going on long working days.
Ejecting the bale
- Swift – less than five-second open/close cycles
- Efficient – hydraulic cylinders with stroke end cushioning
Highest densities and outputs are the outstanding landmark features of VariPack. More than that, these models also score on a simple design and exemplary accessibility. All this translates into particularly easy servicing and maintenance. The hydraulic cylinders that operate the rear door have stroke end cushioning for fast unloading cycles and maximum throughputs. An optional bale ejector is available for controlled bale depositing also on slopes.
Tyres and attachment
- Hitching choices – various attachment options for all conditions
- Gentle treading – three tyre options ensure optimal protection of the turf
- Safe stopping – a brake system is available as an option
VariPack is the machine for quick travel between fields, for undulating and boggy terrain and easy shunting in tight space. A wide range of additional options ensure the KRONE VariPack is perfectly geared to deliver in your specific conditions.
- Versatile and flexible – applying net and twine
- Convenient – LED work lights and a CCTV camera system for full control
- Smart – moisture sensing technology keeps the operator up to date
VariPack is designed for maximum performance and density. A number of options are available that help boost your productivity in special conditions. For example, working lights and cameras ensure you always have a clear view out over the machine and the moisture sensor informs you on the current moisture level of the crop.
- Readily accessible – all service points are in easy reach
- Convenient – automatic chain lubrication and grouped grease nipples
- Unique – as few as three chains drive all assemblies
- Practical – automatic chain tensioners with scales are easily adjusted
VariPack is designed as a simple machine where all service and maintenance points are readily accessible. All grease points are grouped and the chains are automatically lubricated – details that reduce the time spent servicing and increase your productivity. Further comfort details are automatic tensioners on the three drive chains.