Stubble cultivation is of major importance within conservation tillage: It incorporates weeds and volunteer cereal seeds into the soil with an intensive mixing and promotes their germination for a more efficient subsequent treatment.
The even incorporation of the straw presents a key factor for seed germination. Therefore, Kubota offers the CD2000 series to comply with these requirements, but also to offer the farmer versatile machines which are ready for shallow as well as for deeper cultivation.
There are three different models:
- CD2000 rigid mounted
- CD2000F as folding mounted
- CD2000T as trailed
- Compact and sturdy.
- Good penetration and cutting quality.
- Simple adjustment.
- Perfect cutting angle.
- Long lasting discs.
- Maintenance-free bearings.
Sturdy frame and reinforced headstock
- Extremely sturdy – the CD series is fitted with a frame well-proven with the Kubota cultivator range.
- Reinforced headstock and a frame size of 100 x 100 x 8 mm, the CD series can be equipped with the heaviest roller.
- The brackets of the roller are fixed at the front bar of the frame for a better weight transfer during road transport and also at higher driving speeds.
- Due to the small distance between the disc sections, the CD series requires reduced lifting capacity.
- The working depth is easily adjusted by spacers situated at the hydraulic depth cylinders.
- The lateral deflectors are folded to keep the transport width in line with road traffic regulations.
- Each angled arm is fitted with a large maintenance-free double ball bearing and 35 mm axle. This high-quality bearing is able to carry heavy radial and axial loads.
- Special protection on the side of the arm is achieved by a special seal of 5 sealing lips and by the joint protecting the bearing.
- On the other side the disc is protected against dust by an O-ring.
- The disc hub is fixed onto the arm by a bolt and special washers that prevent any loosening. The bolt is protected against soil by its position inside the arm.
Perfect cutting quality
- The upper part of the arm is fitted with special brackets to avoid any lateral movement: the cutting angle is fixed to ensure an optimum cutting quality even under the driest conditions.
- The rear disc section operates offset to the front unit to provide optimum performance and trash incorporation.
- A rubber shock system adjusted to the size of the disc and working speed.
- The maintenance free arms are mounted between rubber buffers to absorb any shock loads from contact with unforeseen obstacles.
- A disc of large diameter (600mm) in order to achieve a perfect cutting quality even at a shallow working depth.
- This increase in diameter allows ease of operation in the highest volumes of vegetable residues.
- The notched discs improve its penetration and rotation irrespective of any plant residues.
- According to the soil specifications, the consolidation required, the mixing of the soil and straw, the surface of the soil requested and the lifting capacity available, Kubota offers a choice of rear rollers.
- Cage roller Ø 550mm – 90kg/m.
- Actipack roller Ø 560mm – 220 kg/m: heavier, for clod crushing and very firm recompaction of the soil. Adapted also for heavy and sticky soil conditions.