- Shear zone reducing vertical tillage tool that prefers 10-15 km/hr operating speed.
- Used as a primary tillage tool in the autumn after the combine to allow the field to weather over winter.
- Used to reduce corn borer infestation in autumn passes by chopping maize or straw residue and mixing it into the tilled soil surface.
- Used as a spring time last pass finishing tool prior to seeding spring crop to help warm up damp cool soils for quick emergence.
- Used to create a smooth, finished, surface and sub surface for smooth planting without putting back yield reducing layers or shear zones.
- Used to chit wheat and oilseed rape volunteers or weeds such as black grass.
- In No-Till conditions, straw and residue bind nitrogen delaying it from becoming accessible to the crop. This “carbon penalty” is a big reason for yield reductions in direct seeding environments. The Turbo-Max sizes residue and laces it to the ground to hasten decay while mechanically maintaining a uniform soil profile.
- Proven around the world in multiple crops and climate conditions.
- Now available with 3m transport.
HYDRAULICALLY-ADJUSTABLE GANG ANGLE FROM 0-6º ON-THE-GO
Turbo-Max allows you to change the gang angle on the go to match it to field conditions. Adjustments can be from 0° to 6°. In the spring, a ‘true vertical’ 0° angle will produce the smoothest sub-surface ahead of planting. Set the angle at 6° when you want to bury more residue in the autumn.
HYDRAULIC WEIGHT TRANSFER
Transfer valve adjusts weight from center to wings, providing even, constant down pressure to the full width.
19CM BLADE SPACING
Two gangs – each with 7 1/2″ (19cm) spacing between coulters – with the rear gang offset from the front gang. The gangs work together to size residue to an industry-leading 3 3/4″ (9.5 cm).
TRUE VERTICAL TILLAGE MACHINE
Provides truly vertical cutting without the shearing caused by a concave blade. With 20″ (508mm) Turbo Coulters spaced 7 1/2″ (191mm) apart, front and rear gangs are offset for an effective residue cutting width of 3 3/4″ (95mm).
SUPERB CONTOUR FOLLOWING
The wings of the frame can flex down as much as 10° and up as high as you need it to go. Coupled with the constant hydraulic down pressure applied to the wings, this feature allows the Turbo-Max to precisely follow undulating ground conditions from side to side. Weight per blade of down pressure is between 251 and 291 pounds (114 and 132 kg).
SAFE, STABLE 3-METRE TRANSPORT
The new Turbo-Max folds down to 9.8′ (3m) wide and 13.1′ (4m) high for transport.
ROLLING SPIKE AND REEL REAR ATTACHMENT
Rolling spike harrow tines split Turbo Coulters to ensure thorough mixing of soil and residue and provide a smooth, uniform seedbed for optimum planter performance. The rear reel leaves the surface planter-ready by firming soil, removing air pockets, and eliminating clods.
EXCLUSIVE MAINTENANCE-FREE BEARINGS
Reduce maintenance time and extend life of bearings. These 360° self-aligning bearings are never sideloaded. A six-lip seal on each side locks in grease and prevents contamination. Additionally, the walking beam pivots utilise Teflon™-coated bushings, eliminating the need for tapered bearings and grease in pivot points.